Sweden is a great place for work. The country is known for equality, pragmatism, and a healthy work-life balance. At the same time, many international professionals experience confusion and culture shock as soon as they start working for a Swedish organization. Why does everyone seem so lazy? Why do we never reach a decision in meetings? Why do my colleagues seem so uninterested in me? What should I wear when it’s minus 15 C outside and I have an important meeting? What skills personality traits are valued by Swedish employers? How do I make a good impression?
In this course, you will learn how to…
- Connect to your colleagues and build a professional network.
- Keep track of the most essential paperwork as you start working for a Swedish company.
- Adapt your expectations and work commitment according to the changing seasons, and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
- Invest your efforts strategically by understanding what virtues Swedish employers value in their co-workers.
- Look professional and feel comfortable despite the Nordic weather and climate.
After finishing this course, you will feel more confident going into your Swedish workplace, and you will be able to invest your efforts more effectively and do what you do the best, your job.
Your course is created by Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux
Sofi is a teacher, writer and publisher with a passion for Swedish language and culture. Since 2008, she has helped international professionals to succeed in the Swedish job market through her courses and workshops. She is also the co-founder of independent publishing house LYS, making Sweden and the Swedes comprehensible through books on local expertise and the global experience.
She has created this course for international professionals who are new to the Swedish job market. This course will help you to get a good start to your new job, and you should ideally take it at some point during your first year of employment.