If you are taking this course, chances are that you are about to move to Sweden and that you are slightly stressed about all the things you need to know and do and about those things that you don’t know but that you sort of think that you should know. Know the feeling?
Don’t worry, in this course we’ve got you covered and you will learn:
- short (and long facts) about Sweden,
- the history and background of Sweden in regards to democracy, religious freedom, gender equality, social security, child welfare and LGBTQIA+.
- the types of visas and residence permits that are available plus the requirements,
- important Swedish agencies, and trust us, you DO need to know about these ones,
- how to find a place to stay and how to avoid rental fraud,
- how to pack for your move depending on the season
- and there will be some quizzes to make sure you are paying attention and not falling asleep at your screen.
This course was created after many years input and questions from newcomers in Sweden. After finishing this course, you will have a greater understanding of what has made Sweden what it is today, how you best prepare for a move here and to get your stay here started in the best manner.
So, let’s get started!