Learn more than 300 essential Swedish concepts, events, and insights. Are you new in Sweden or considering moving to this Nordic country? This practical guide is designed to help you smoothly navigate working life in Sweden. It is the book that has been missing to help bridge the cultural and language divide, explaining what you need to know what you can expect at Swedish workplaces.
- Boost your professional confidence by familiarising yourself with Swedish business & social etiquette.
- Learn about Swedish holidays and traditions and the impact they have on the business calendar.
- Discover the underlying values which shape Swedish society and form the basis of unwritten codes and communication.
- Fast forward your adaptation to your new working environment by learning about local habits.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an employee and learn what organisations and public authorities can assist you.
In a simple A–Z format, this handbook is essential reading for your first year in Sweden.
Anne Pihl is originally from Ireland and moved to Stockholm together with her Swedish husband and new-born daughter in 1998. She now works as a relocation consultant and intercultural trainer. She coaches her clients to settle in Sweden, based on her personal experiences.
Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux is a teacher, publisher and public speaker, specialising in Swedish language and culture as perceived by newbies.
This edition is in reflowable e-pub format, meaning you can read it on any device, including your phone.