ASSESS WHERE YOU ARE
It’s important to take inventory of where you are now in relation to achieving your goal and assessing the journey still ahead of you. This will guide you on the individual steps to take to reach your goal.
Write your final goal sentence.
Job seeking: I want to get hired for a fully remote position as a front-end developer at Spotify.
|I want a first-hand contract apartment located in Stockholm Södermalm area with rent of up to 10,000 SEK / month.|
Make an assessment of everything you need to support the journey from your present location to reaching your end goal.
- Determine your goal category.
- Determine what it requires to be achieved.
- If it’s a job: CV, LinkedIn, Portfolio…
- If it’s a car: A list of all local car dealerships, online marketplaces, a resource on learning how to buy cars in Sweden…
- If it’s an apartment: References, a job contract, research on different rental companies…
- If it’s new clients: A website, a LinkedIn, business cards…
|Collect references from my previous landlords, make a list of rental companies in Stockholm, create a tenant profile to use when applying for apartments|
- Determine what you already have prepared and what still needs to be prepared.
Create a list of steps you can take to accomplish all these preparations.
EXAMPLE: If it’s new clients: A website, a LinkedIn, business cards…
- August: set up my LinkedIn account to be fully optimized, order business cards
- September-October: create my own website
You now have a roadmap on how to get from where you currently are to reaching your end goal.